Cross registration can enrich the education of full-time graduate and undergraduate students of PCHE member institutions by allowing them to take courses at any other PCHE institution. Part-time students are normally not permitted to cross register.
What are the benefits?
- No additional tuition charge; however students must pay any special course or laboratory fees to the host institution.
- Full credit and grade are transferred to the home institution.
- There is a broader range of course offerings to choose from.
What are the guidelines?
- Enrollment is limited to no more than one course per term/semester.
- Approval of the dean or designated individual from the home institution is needed.
- Student’s advisor or dean must assure course eligibility.
- Students may not cross register for classes at a PCHE institution in which they are already enrolled as a student.
- Academic rules and regulations of the host institution prevail.
- Students do not acquire status at the host institution but have library and bookstore privileges.
- Permission is required to add or to drop a course after the home and host institutions’ deadlines.
- Students enrolled in approved joint co-op programs between two PCHE institutions are exempt from the requirement of being full-time at either school.
- Cross-registration applies to only fall or spring terms.
- For many students it is not advisable to cross register for any class in the last term before graduation.
How can I get further information?
Contact a Registrar’s Office for more information at the phone number listed below.
|Carlow University||(412) 578-6592|
|Carnegie Mellon University||(412) 268-8186|
|Chatham University||(412) 365-1777|
|Community College of Allegheny County|
|Allegheny Campus||(412) 237-2700|
|Boyce Campus||(724) 325-6674|
|North Campus||(412) 369-3700|
|South Campus||(412) 469-6203|
|Duquesne University||(412) 396-6230|
|La Roche College||(412) 536-1079|
|Pittsburgh Technical College||(412) 809-5266|
|Pittsburgh Theological Seminary||(412) 362-5610|
|Point Park University||(412) 392-3861|
|Robert Morris University||(412) 262-8256|
|University of Pittsburgh||(412) 624-7649|