The Greater Pittsburgh Higher Education Consortium (GPHEDC) is dedicated to facilitating transformative change by promoting diversity, equity and inclusion in the region.
- To connect, collaborate and share resources with change agents from various institutions for professional and personal development.
- To serve as a community network that shares resources and builds collaborations for social change.
- To engage and serve as a resource for those stakeholders seeking expertise in diversity and inclusion best practices.
- To actively support the success and development of higher education diversity officers.
Current Strategic Priorities:
- Develop a “brain bank” of member expertise:
- Skills, subject matter expertise, experience
- Access mechanism and gatekeeper
- Serve as a PCHE diversity and inclusion advisory committee
- Collaborate and commit to Fall professional and student conference
- Create an shared-in-advance calendar
Future Strategic Priorities:
- Form and become a governing body
- Create a ‘Succession Planning’ component that cultivates young professionals
- Develop an ‘Equity Scorecard’ toolkit
- Deliver presentation in GPHEDC conference
- Deliver to other venues to external stakeholders